The once familiar Cathy McAllister
CATHY McALLISTER was built at Lauzon, Quebec in 1954 by Davie Shipbuilding Ltd. for their own use and she entered service as CHARLIE S. In 1974 she was sold to McAllister Towing Ltd. of Montreal and renamed CATHY McALLISTER. For McAllister she was very active until the late 1980s, towing dozens of retired Great Lakes ships out of the Lakes, down the Welland Canal and the St. Lawrence Seaway; where they were sent on for scrapping overseas.
By 1998 CATHY McALLISTER's ownership had passed to Groupe Ocean Inc. of Quebec City and, although her paint scheme was changed, she retained her name. In 2002 she was sold along with her long time fleetmate, SALVAGE MONARCH to Heritage Harbour Marine Ltd of London, Ontario. The pair arrived at Goderich, Ontario on 14 November 2002 and, although restoration and a return to service was planned for both tugs, neither ever saw regular service again.
CATHY McALLISTER was renamed SEVEN SISTERS; however, she languished unused for years. By 2008 she was at Humberstone, Ontario undergoing some restoration under the name DOC MORIN but it never amounted to much. By 2010 she was secured alongside the north face of the old gatelifter berth at Port Weller; however, there too, she simply languished. Finally in December of 2012 the yacht storage yard which started operation at wharf 1 in the harbour at Port Weller purchased the tug and cut her up for scrap at their yard at Port Weller.